Field GPS Surveyor – Aerial Operations
Location: Terra Remote Sensing Inc., Sidney BC
Terra is seeking an experienced full-time GPS Surveyor to provide ground survey support for aerial surveys. The successful candidate will have experience planning and executing GPS surveys – static networks, PPK, RTK, required to position and validate aerial lidar and image survey data.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Aerial Field Survey Operations, the successful responsible for: candidate may be
- Conducting GPS ground surveys to position and validate aerial results: Designing and implementing GPS control networks on passive monuments or using active control; RTK, PPK surveys.
- GPS processing and reporting
- Performing mission and logistical planning and execution; including but not limited to coordinating equipment preparation, checklists, process forms, etc.
- Development of standard operating procedures, work instructions and training documentation
- Staff training
- Proactively performing maintenance and testing in order to ensure proper working condition of equipment – hardware, firmware, software and interdependencies.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the sensors and equipment used to perform aerial surveys to complement the effectiveness of ground survey SOPs.
- 5+ years of industry experience in GPS surveying
- Thorough working knowledge of GPS science, geodesy, geomatics.
- Undergraduate degree or related diploma, license or certification related to surveying.
- Experience training GPS surveying and processing
- Experience and interest in aerial field operations. Working knowledge of aerial survey operations using helicopters and small fixed-wing aircraft is considered an asset.
- Knowledge in the operation of lidar and image sensors an asset.
- Ability to work, troubleshoot and problem solve independently in remote areas
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally; particularly to the United States, Central and South America
- Dual citizenship or permanent residency status in the United States is considered a significant asset
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in managing projects, including project scheduling, budgeting and writing reports is considered as asset.
- A valid and clear criminal record check is required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
A competitive salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience along with a comprehensive benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Terra is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. Relocation will not be provided for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Attention: Human Resources.