Terra currently has one employment opening.
Employment Opportunity: Aerial Field Technician
Location: Terra Remote Sensing Inc., Sidney BC.
Terra is an international mapping company specializing in the acquisition, analyses, and production of spatial data. We offer world-class expertise in digital airborne mapping, hydrographic charting, marine geophysics, and GIS support services.
Terra is seeking an experienced full-time Aerial Field Technician to assist with will all aspects of aerial surveying; including, but not limited to aerial data acquisition, ground survey control, data verification (quality control), data processing and reporting.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Aerial Field Survey Operations, the successful candidate may be responsible for:
- Conducting aerial lidar, aerial photography, and specialized imaging surveys for clients within varying sectors (Forestry, Transportation, Electrical Transmission, etc.).
- Performing mission and logistical planning and execution; including but not limited to coordinating equipment preparation, checklists, process forms, etc.
- Monitoring system performance, real-time and post-acquisition data analysis, and quality control procedures to ensure completeness and high-quality data is surveyed and maintained throughout a project lifecycle.
- Conducting GPS grounds surveys to position and validate the aerial results: Designing and implementing GPS control networks on passive monuments or using active control; RTK surveys.
- Processing, calibrating and analyzing data collected from remote sensing equipment (lidar, digital photography, hyperspectral, orthophotography, control networks, etc.).
- Proactively performing maintenance and testing in order to ensure proper working condition of equipment – hardware, firmware, software and interdependencies.
- Maintaining and developing standard operating procedures, work instructions and documentation relevant to the Aerial Survey Dept.
- 3+ years of industry experience in aerial data acquisition; including, lidar, hyperspectral and orthophotography.
- Undergraduate degree or related diploma in a related Surveying program.
- Experience and interest in aerial field operations. Working knowledge of aerial survey operations using helicopters and small fixed-wing aircraft is considered and asset.
- Ability to work, troubleshoot and problem solve independently in remote areas.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally; particularly to the United States, Central and South America.
- Dual citizenship or permanent residency status in the United States is considered a significant asset.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in managing projects, including project scheduling, budgeting and writing reports are considered as assets.
- A valid and clear criminal record check is required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
A competitive salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience along with a comprehensive benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Terra is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. Relocation will not be provided for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Human Resources.
For additional information please visit our website at http://www.terraremote.com/.